MCYEP has several programs, all dealing with different needs: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
We help the locals with the following programs:
- Beans, rice, corn, vegetables, oil and pasta are given out monthly to the mothers to supplement the families food supply.
Women’s Bible Study
- Over 40 women meet weekly to be encouraged in the word. Once a year we also have a women’s retreat.
- The younger children have Bible stories, watch videos, learn memory verses and enjoy snacks.
- Despair is everywhere. We hold Bible studies and church to lead people to the hope and peace that comes from Jesus.
- The youth meet on Saturdays for Bible study and fellowship. They have sleepovers, play sports, watch inspirational and fun videos and participate in evangelistic outreaches.
- School is not free in Guatemala like in the U.S. Children must pay for things like uniforms in order to attend. We help supply what they need in order to attend.
- Medicine is very hard to find here. We help by distributing Tylenol, cold medicine and other critical medicines as well as holding clinics with U.S. doctors, nurses, dentists and Ophthalmologists.
- Through the local Department of Education we provide education for adults and older youth who have not finished elementary school or Junior High. The elementary program is for three years and the Junior High is for two years. We provide the materials, books and the teachers. It’s a wonderful opportunity for those who could not afford to study and are now working to study on the weekends or in the evenings.